winter? GUSTO.

Buffalo is so bizarre. We're known as such a heavy snow area, and last night we were under a Winter Storm Warning (maybe a watch), with snow starting at 3 AM and falling steadily. It was supposed to affect the southtowns most, of course, but I was expecting at least a sprinkle when I woke up. The wind was shaking the house all night.

When I went out to my car, there was a very apocalyptically pretty sky, with clouds banked to the south and west, and the sunrise coming in low. "Red light at morning", and all that. The wind was still rather fierce. But there was nothing on my car, and nothing on the ground. While I was driving down Delaware, I kept seeing cars with snow on the hood, coming from the south. But no snow for me.

WHERE'S MY SNOW?!?

Now we only have an advisory, and I am resigned to a lack of fluffy stuff near my place anytime soon.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Recently I've been reflecting back to last year around this time, when life seemed to be a flurry of apartment hunting and money planning and freaking out on a regular basis. I was extremely bitter about having to move, how it all came about, and I was especially unhappy that I couldn't participate in the holidays with full GUSTO.

This year I'm able to do full GUSTO holidays, and I find that I'm buying Christmas presents earlier, and I'm listening to holiday music earlier than I would usually (Sia's Christmas album is excellent). I helped mom put up her tree with GUSTO, even though the demon dust in her house attacked my sinuses with GUSTO. I promptly put up my Christmas decorations, with plans to buy more pretty soon. I am definitely feeling that holiday glow.

And I'm happy to report that the cats are super into Christmas too. Floyd stalked around mom's tree impatiently while we put it up, and I had to kick him off of the tree skirt a few times while I was trying to tie it in place. His Christmas Room is all set up. And Charlotte took up right where Brian left off, "accidently" knocking ornaments off the tree and then batting them around the playroom while everyone is trying to sleep. They're feeling the holiday glow too.

My Tree

Mama's Tree

Comments

Popular Posts