Pumpkin Spice

I am feeling so FALL today, excited and introspective, thrilled by the wind and the cooler weather.  I want to be outside, walking through artful drifts of leaves, and I want to be inside, curled up in an armchair with a good book and a massive mug of tea at my side.


This feeling has been building, of course, the same way that it does every year.  The area colleges start welcoming their students back.  The air starts to get the tiniest nip to it.  I begin to look at my sweaters and my boots with a longing akin to lust.  I also lust after other people’s newly-bought notebooks (the paper variety).  I begin to crave hushed, mid-tempo indie music and atmospheric fall/Halloween movies all the time.  Last night I watched Trick 'r Treat.  It's a good one, and Dylan Baker is always enjoyable to watch.

The horse chestnuts are beginning to fall on my street; I just love the way they sound when they’re pinging off of cars.  Ooh, and Halloween candy is coming out.  A few nights ago I resisted a tin of candy corn at Wegmans, and now I feel like I should have gone ahead and brought the sugary goodness home with me.  Well, last night I caved and got the Reese's Miniature Cups in their cute little fall wrappers.  And a pumpkin spice candle.

Floyd has been getting the feisty fall feeling as well, I think.  He is either trying to live in my lap or he is attacking me.  In fact, last weekend I was cleaning my room, and I was bent down, trying to pick up some books.  Floyd took this opportunity to try and jump up onto my back, and it would have worked had I not straightened up in surprise and screamed.  Because he scared the crap out of me!

Pretty soon we'll start some family birthdays again.  Billy will be celebrating his birthday, and my niece Kailyne will be turning 3!  The other night I was on the phone with my mom, and Kailyne came over with her dad, and she told me to remember that she wants a zombie shirt for her birthday.

That's flippin' awesome.


Comments

Popular Posts