teenage bitchy thing

Right now I really, sincerely, very much feel like the bitchy teenager I used to be. Like nothing can please me, like no one should be able to open their mouths, because I do not want to hear it. Total brat, I know.

Although, now that I think of it, I did have reasons for being so bitchy as a teenager. Like one day when my skin wasn't acting up so much, and some guy in my class came up to me and said something to the effect of, "Wow, your skin doesn't look so bad, did you finally buy some Clearasil?" And instead of the "FUCK OFF, DOUCHE BAG!" response that such a comment would surely elicit from me today, I was all, "Aw, thanks!" ...It was only later that night that I went, "Wait, WHAT did he say to me? I should have kicked him in the crotch!"

Of course, I was more angry at myself for being so eager for any sort of compliment that I would take one that was really much more of a slap to the face, from an asshole whose opinion I really shouldn't have care about at all.

Maybe I don't have any good reasons to be so annoyed or bitchy today (my skin has definitely improved with age, and people don't usually dare to be quite so rude to my face, etc., etc.), but I am reveling in my bad mood. I am cackling internally. I imagine that this is how soap actors might feel when playing their main characters' evil twins.

I can't wait to go home and write slightly unfair things in my journal, while moping. I suspect that I'm far too gleeful about the idea of doing this teenage bitchy thing to do it correctly. 

Comments

Ami said…
It's Winter, I'm telling you it bites the big one and makes every body feel BAD.
Literary Auntie said…
Sweetie, I like winter. Winter doesn't make me crabby!

Popular Posts