How y'all doin'??

I know. It's been a while. After the move last spring, and all of the roommate bullshit before that, I felt like I was going to have a new blog beginning, so I got myself a Tumblr and wrote semi-anonymously and not very deeply.

But... I MISSED MY BLOG!! 

So here's what's going on: I'm loving my little apartment more and more. It's a new home base from which to explore Buffalo, on my long walks. The west side has a lot going on right now, and I'm right in the middle of it. New or expanding restaurants, bakeries, and breweries seem to be opening weekly. I have easy walks to Allentown, to the upper west side, to the Elmwood Village, and to the waterfront. And even with all of the frozen water pipe problems that I dealt with last winter, I love having this apartment all for me and my cats.

Zelda shuffled off into the sunset in December. I believe that she had a stroke, and it was over very quickly. It was incredibly sad, but she was very old. It was a comfort that, between April and her death in December, she was a supremely happy cat. We had almost constant cuddles. She even started cuddling with Floyd, sometimes when I wasn't even there! And Zelda got all of the treats and attention that she could handle. She blossomed in a way that I didn't think possible - at the old house she basically stayed in the kitchen and ignored almost everybody, but she really loved the apartment, and she moved around it all she wanted. I am sad that she died, but I know that she very much enjoyed the last 8 months of her life.

Floyd is still Floyding as hard as he can Floyd. He is still hilarious and affectionate and a prime example of good catting. I took in a friend's cat, Brian, because Brian was attacking and generally terrorizing dogs. Floyd and Brian have been together going on two months, and they're still a little wary of each other, but they have cuddled. And they will cuddle further.

As for Fester, he shifted his attentions to another female roommate after I left the house. She left too, and then he had issues with some newer roommates, going so far as to call the police on a roommate after a fight about the bathroom (Fester cut in line). Fester also expressed to Shon that he felt that he could have handled things better with me - I laughed heartily at that. And then I rolled my eyes so hard that I almost fell over.

Fester finally moved out of Shon's, after months of promising that he would. Of course he owed Shon money, and of course he left his room a mess. Shon's friend cleaned it and found a big bag of weed, which is hilarious, if you remember that I used to call Fester "Pothead," and Fester was so offended by it: "I don't even smoke pot!"

For myself, I'm still so glad that I took the step of moving out. Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal to some, but I am very much about NOT making the big life changes, even if I'm suffering where I am. I like my routines, and I really hate moving. But I had decided that I was going to move out before Fester went all wannabe-nemesis on me. I did have roommates who were scarier than Fester, but after I'd made up my mind to move, he was the impetus that actually got me to do it in a timely manner.

Of COURSE I have attracted the attention of a very annoying neighbor at my "new" place. He is creepy, and he's trying to intimidate me, because he doesn't like that I open my blinds and windows, and that I have lights on at night (seriously). I'm dealing with that situation as it comes, but at least this neighbor isn't IN my house with me. He can't hold the bathroom hostage, or mess with my things, or spam my email and phone.

Otherwise, work is going well, and we're in the busy season. And I'm still hanging out with my family a lot - we saw "Maleficent" this weekend, and I couldn't believe how excited Owen was about it! And I'm still hanging with my friends, and I'm having a great time.

I'm sure I'll expand on a few of these things, but for now, HEY!!! How y'all doin'?

Comments

Popular Posts