thunderstorm lamp

Wow, look at that, I have a blog I totally forgot about! ...Sorry, blog. I got too into Breaking Bad to write over here. If there's any show you should watch at a breakneck pace over the course of a dark and freezing and seemingly endless winter, it's Breaking Bad.



*~*~*~*~*

I've actually been working on a draft of an entry about friendship. I keep starting it and then putting it away. And then I'll write a few more lines, and then I'll put it away. I will finish it someday, and it will mean something to me. But it won't be nearly as funny as this entry from bitches gotta eat.

"the hardest thing about being a good friend, for me, is biting my tongue while my friends do and say the stupidest shit ever. have you ever had to keep a straight face while pretending the woman across the table from you is a smart, rational human being as she describes why the items she found while digging through her boyfriend's trash have led her to believe he's cheating on her with a co-worker? no!? WELL I FUCKING HAVE. i basically had to superglue my eyes to keep them from rolling into the back of my head. i've also sat in a car outside an empty apartment building with binoculars trying to catch a friend's cheating lover, because it's what one does when one is a good friend. (turns out we were on the wrong street but whatever.)"

*~*~*~*~*

Yesterday I read an article about a thunderstorm lamp. You hang it in your bedroom, and you can control the lights and sounds that help to mimic a thunderstorm, and then you sleep like a baby. Usually I ignore most technological advancements (SNORE, Apple Watch), but I do love thunderstorms. And I definitely love sleeping like a baby. And I'm so delighted to live in a world where something like a thunderstorm lamp exists, even though I probably can't afford it.


Comments

Popular Posts