Pop Culture

I am going to tell you something. I am downright ashamed of myself because I have only now gotten into the TV show “Friday Night Lights.” It is an unbelievably good show, and I kept reading how unbelievably good it is and going, “Yeah, yeah, I’ll get to it.” As such, I have wasted a lot of valuable time NOT watching this amazing show.

I am completely in the wrong.

Now, if you’re not into football, the show isn’t just about football. Rather, it’s about high expectations, and how they can make some people flourish and some people fold. It’s about the community coming together or falling apart through triumphs and tragedies. And yeah, if you like football, if you like thrilling sports scenes, then you’ll like this show.

Also, I feel compelled to mention that the cast is full of hotties. I myself am currently crushing a little on three of the actors on the show.

Some of the best writing on TV, and this show is so close to dying because no one is watching it. I’ve heard that it will return in the fall. I’m on Season 1 now, through the magic of Netflix, but I fully intend to pick the show up on TV.

So, everyone, CHECK OUT THIS SHOW. “Friday Night Lights” is so much better than any reality TV or sitcom schlock out there!

*~*~*~*~*

I have suddenly developed a crush on Tom Hanks. Specifically, I have suddenly decided that it would be really hot to find out that he’s more of a bad boy than he lets on. Don’t ask me why. Well, a viewing of “You’ve Got Mail” may have helped.

Ooh, and look at this quote I just found: “I do not want to admit to the world that I can be a bad person. It is just that I don't want anyone to have false expectations. Moviemaking is a harsh, volatile business, and unless you can be ruthless, too, there's a good chance that you are going to disappear off the scene pretty quickly. So appearances can be deceptive, particularly in Hollywood.”

Interesting, Tom Hanks. Interesting indeed.

OK, I’m done now.

*~*~*~*~*

No, I’m not. I had a dream about Bob Saget last night. My friends know that I LOVE Bob Saget, and have ever since he was on Saturday Night Live when I was a pre-teen. His monologue consisted of “Ass, nipples, heinie – things I’m not allowed to say on ‘Full House’.” How could I not fall in love?

Since then, I have willingly exposed myself to his particular brand of filth several times, and it just gets funnier and funnier. Yes, I laugh every time he talks about fucking Kimmy Gibbler or his teenage daughters’ friends. And the reason why is that he too laughs, while shaking his head and saying, “No, that’s so wrong!” Contrived or not, I find it all adorable. This is compounded by the fact that he vaguely reminds me of my thesis advisor, who I had a slight crush on, and who is the diametric opposite of Bob Saget in terms of what he stands for. In fact, if my thesis advisor were to ever know that I have linked himself and Bob Saget in my head, he would probably go apoplectic.
OK, NOW I’m done. Seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts