If I had some more time to spend...

I'm in yet another occupational funk. Somehow I keep thinking that time is the issue when I consider why I'm not doing what I want to do. But time is not the issue, and really never has been. The issue is that my creative side is constantly hampered by my lazy side... and while, like most humans, I have many, many sides, I think my lazy side is bigger. I think it can be shrunk, though. I hope it can be.

And then, of course, there is the question of what I actually want to do for the rest of my life. I do have many, many sides, and I always assumed that being interested in so many things would make it easier for me to enjoy doing many things. While that is true, being interested in so many things also makes me completely incapable of picking just ONE thing and being OK with it, without wondering what other awesome things I could be doing. The grass is always greener, right?

And all of this career confusion is without even considering how awful some companies can be, or how awful some industries can be, or what hours I want to work or would have to work. How much micro-management I can stand, or how much self-discipline I can muster. How far I'd be willing to commute for an awesome job. Whether I'm actually qualified for the jobs I want, and what I would have to do to get qualified.

Basically, I have a little thinking to do.

.

Comments

A Fuss said…
Sometimes I am surprised by how we are the same person. If you want to get coffee (or in my case milk) sometime, I will be happy to!

Popular Posts