If I Didn't Care

Not too long ago, I became obsessed with the song “If I Didn’t Care,” and I downloaded four different versions of it from iTunes. One was by the Ink Spots, one was by Connie Francis, one was by the Platters, and one was sung by Amy Adams and Lee Pace in the movie “Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day” (love that movie). I decided against the David Cassidy version.

I actually made a playlist with all four versions of the song, and some other songs that I love. Damn, Lee Pace has a fine singing voice. As an aside to this random information I’m throwing at you, I am currently finishing up season 2 of “Pushing Daisies,” and am very sad that this awesome show was canceled last year.

*~*~*~*~*

My nephew Malachai’s birthday celebration was last weekend, and it was a good time even though Chai Chai had an awful cough and felt sick on Sunday, when we had his cake. The cake in question had an awesome Spongebob Squarepants theme.

Everyone else gave Malachai money to spend, because that’s what he wanted, but I got him books instead. The first book was called “The Day My Butt Went Psycho,” and the second was “Zombie Butts From Uranus!” For Christmas I will have to pick up “Butt Wars: The Final Conflict.” They are all by Andy Griffiths. Frankly, I wanted to read all of the books myself, but I decided to wait until Malachai has read them. There was much hooting and hollering about the titles, mostly from us immature adults.

Owen has started telling the most awesome stories, which he calls “secrets.” He has to get up by your ear, even though he doesn’t whisper, and everyone in the room ends up hearing his “secret.” They always start out “Once upon a time,” and they usually involve something going “all the way up to the sky”… or something getting stuck in someone’s butt. One of the stories was about a butterfly with a broken wing, but the butterfly was OK in the end.

My favorite story went like this – “Once upon a time, I kicked you in the face!”

*~*~*~*~*

Last night I had a lovely movie night with my friends Julia and Donna. We watched “Clueless” and had hilarious conversations and some pasta. And wine. Lots of wine.

As another aside, I am having a crush on Liev Schreiber now. If you haven’t seen “Defiance,” you should see it. Not only is it a great movie, hearing Liev Schreiber speak with a Russian accent is magical.

Comments

Popular Posts