twinkle lights

It seems like a good time to put the flannel sheets back on the bed.

Buffalo is pretty much closed down because of snow. It's odd, because the city itself got very little snow last night (I have maybe three inches outside my house), but the southtowns and east of us got buried. If I were at my last job, I would have had a snow day today. Now I would much rather come to work at my current job than have a snow day at my last job - the awesomeness of snow days are not enough to cancel out the crazy-making properties of that place.

We were all anxious about the weather today, so I went out last night and stocked up on soups and canned goods. I also bought myself a 3-foot Christmas tree.

I decided recently that I wasn't going to bother decorating the house for Christmas. One roommate couldn't care less, and the other roommate is a dumb ass of epic proportions, and as such, does not deserve my decorating skillz. I put up purple twinkle lights in my room and decided that that was enough for me.

We decorated my mom's house last weekend, and Izaak and Owen and I had a very good time putting the ornaments on the tree. We had to keep telling Floyd to get out of the way so that we could actually get to the tree! I have never seen a cat who liked Christmas trees so much, and I don't mean in an "ATTACK THE TREE AND BRING IT DOWN!" way. No. Floyd would never disrupt the flow of the tree; he would think it uncouth to knock off and bat around the ornaments. Floyd would rather lay under the tree and bask in its glow.

And so it was mostly for Floyd (and just a bit for me) that I bought a pre-lit 3-foot Christmas tree for the family room, and some ornaments for it. I refuse to decorate the 2nd floor, but the 3rd floor, my little haven away from the Kid, now has a twinkly little tree for Floyd to hang around. I'm not sure if he'll fit underneath the tree yet, but he was rolling around next to it while I decorated it last night.

I don't know how much snow we'll get tonight, but this is what my weekend looks like - read, drink tea, eat soup, absorb the goodness of twinkle lights. Possibly see "Black Swan."

Comments

Popular Posts