cocooned

Toddlers love it when you act like you can't see them. "Where'd the baby go? Where's the baby? Hey mom, have you seen the baby?" They especially love it when you put them up on your shoulders and act like you forgot they were there. I used to do this all the time, swinging around wildly like I lost a child, while the child in question was giggling right into my ear and drooling down my neck with happiness and patting me on the head to "remind" me they were there.

I don't know why I just thought of this. I guess I'm a little sad that the baby-having in my immediate family has slowed down - not sad enough to pop out my own brats, mind you. Because apparently you have to do more with your own kids than play with them? Apparently you have to raise them and shit? I heard a rumor.

And, as nieces and nephews get older, there are other ways to mess with them. Like embarassing them on the Facebook, or scaring the crap out of them as they come around corners. I like to be creative about it.

*~*~*~*~*

I am in one of those odd moods today - content enough, but I don't want to talk to anyone. I can't wait to be home, all by myself. Silent. Cocooned. It sounds so amazing. I'm lucky that I'm not a big phone person at work, because I can't imagine having to act all chipper when it feels like it's an effort to open my mouth and make words come out.

My big plans for this weekend involve a trip to Sephora with Ami (an exploratory trip for me), cleaning my bedroom, laundry, and doing my taxes. I strangely enjoy doing my taxes. I'm looking forward to it.

And no, I don't want to do YOUR taxes. No, sir.

Comments

Popular Posts