the fog comes

It is foggy like the English moors outside, and I want to be outside in it, roaming around.  One of my favorite moments on my flight to Washington, D.C. last fall was on the first leg of my journey, when I was on a tiny plane going from Buffalo to NYC. It was a sunny October morning, and the plane was quite low. When I looked down, I could see huge, swirling patches of fog throughout central New York, and I wondered what it looked like IN the fog. It was so pretty from above, and I didn't expect the fog to look quite so solid, with very definite edges.

I've been thinking about how I rarely experience fog anymore, except while driving. When I was little, I remember running around in the fog, loving how weird and mysterious it felt. It has occurred to me that I can pull my car over and run around in the fog then, but it just doesn't seem the same.

Hopefully the fog sticks around for my walk home, so that I can feel all nostalgic.

~*~*~*~*~

My friend Kelly has moved from Atlanta to Montreal (I'm kind of jealous, but only a little). Until I can visit, hopefully this summer, I've decided that I'm going to send her some sort of care package. I've been collecting some odd things to put in there, and I'll collect some more, and maybe make a mixed CD or two. I love a project!

*~*~*~*~*

This year I am participating in the Ride for Roswell, a huge bicycling event that helps to raise money for cancer research at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. If you are feeling generous, you can donate to my ride on my page. I would certainly appreciate it, and I can vouch for the good work that RPCI does.

And with that, I'm out... for now.

Comments

Popular Posts