Fall Purple

Time for a redesign - and now I want to go out and buy myself some asters.

The car is fixed. It only took a day and a half, and my mechanics, the loves of my auto life, didn't even charge me for some of the work they did! So when I say "loves of my auto life," I am only exaggerating a little. I was telling everyone that I would have been happy with a $400 repair bill, and what I ended up paying was $185. NOT TOO SHABBY. Also, Clive is running better than he has in quite some time.

It was brought to my attention that Clive is an old car, and that it would take a lot of money to get him to where he should be, and I know this. A frozen strut and a worn-down engine and rust spots that get bigger and bigger. It has now gotten to the point where I need to think about a new(ish) car sooner rather than later. But not yet. Not yet. Maybe next spring...

I do get excited thinking about a newer car, a smaller car. My Clive is a TANK, and I love that about him, but the turn radius of a Chevy Lumina is craptacular. I'm sick of running over curbs when I'm trying to turn right, or of having to do an 80-point turn while watching zippy little cars perform a similar maneuver in a quarter of the time and a tenth of the points of turn. 

And now I can start saving for the cruise!!

When I didn't know how long my car repair was or how expensive it would be, I thought that I might not be able to make my niece Kailyne's birthday. Yes, she turns 4 today, actually, and there will be a little party this weekend. And I will be there, and I will give her a Rapunzel doll that will make her squeal with joy. The rest of the Mattel Disney dolls didn't look anything like their namesakes - Snow White and Sleeping Beauty were particularly bad; they looked like Barbies that had been left on a hot stove. But the Rapunzel doll (from "Tangled") is pretty good.

Otherwise, my mom and I will be cooking chili, sleeping as much as we want, and enjoying my newest obsession in "Jane Eyre."

Helloooooo Michael Fassbender!

Comments

Popular Posts