G*DD*MN THIS F*CKING CAR

What's up? Oh... you know... this again:

It's a busy time of year for me at work. You may have heard about it; I may have mentioned it before. The only work event that I can't miss, the event that takes up so much of my time. I was supposed to be there tonight.

Indeed, I was driving there, on the 33, when MY GODDAMNED FUCKING BRAKES COMPLETELY STOPPED FUCKING WORKING!!

And yes, I knew that they were going bad. My car's brakes don't squeal like the owner's manual says that they will when they're going bad, so I didn't have that warning. But they were getting kind of squishy. I drive so little, so I tried to manage the brakes for a bit by adding brake oil. And before anyone yells, I had an appointment to get my brakes fixed on Monday.

After this giant work event that I can't miss.

Luckily, I wasn't killed or even injured. Luckily, other than having NO FUCKING BRAKES, the car is fine. Relatively speaking. I understand and fully appreciate that things could have been much, much worse.

But Holy Christ, the timing is ridiculous.

I've rented a car for tomorrow and Saturday (again, giant work event). After the giant work event, before my mom's hip surgery, I think I'm going to have to schedule a mini nervous breakdown for myself.

Comments

Popular Posts