the walking cure

I'm loving this weather! On Monday night, I woke up about an hour after I went to sleep because it was pouring so hard. The ground sucked it right up - by the next morning, you couldn't tell that it had rained at all. And last night, thunderstorms! I woke up to a little bit of lightning, and in my sleepy haze, it seemed really pretty and comforting. It was still drizzling this morning; I walked to work in sunshine, with a very light sprinkle coming down, to keep me cool.

It's true, my allergies have kicked up this week, but I'm hoping that the rain washes away whatever is bugging me.

I took tomorrow off. I have a doctor's appointment at 9:30, and then the rest of the day is all mine, to do as I wish! I'm thinking a trip to Forest Lawn Cemetery, one of my favorite places in Buffalo. I've been there so many times with my camera, and I am always stumbling onto a new little area, a statue I'd never seen before, a mausoleum tucked away in a corner. Such a peaceful, restful place right in the middle of Buffalo... as long as you avoid the kamikaze geese by Mirror Lake. And so much history - from President Millard Fillmore and the Seneca chief Red Jacket to several prominent business families. Martha Jackson, a major New York City gallery owner in the 1950s and 60s, is buried there. She was the subject of my thesis, so I like to visit her grave.

This weekend is Buffalo's Garden Walk, which I am excited about. I haven't been in town for the past few Garden Walks, so I want to get back out there and check out some gardens. So, a lot of walking this weekend. And a lot of reading, I'm sure.

Comments

A Fuss said…
Did you go to the cemetary? You should blog some your photos. Also, my mom is like crazy for the cemetary tour thing that goes around on Sundays. She would go with you; she's always looking for fresh blood.

Popular Posts