a long winter's nap

Lately, all that I've seen and heard indicates that a lot of people I know didn't enjoy 2012. I certainly have had sad times in the past year (mostly regarding the passing of my coworker, Robert), and quite a few angry times (though I enjoy those, maybe overmuch). But I also remember a lot of fun, and laughter, and good times spent with good people. A lot of metaphorical sunshine, and delicious beer, and moments that made me wish I was a poet, they were so sweet.

...Too much?

Well. I mean, my car tried to kill me, but then I got a new car. That kind of sums up the year for me. Things may have sucked somewhat at times, but then they got better.

I am looking forward to 2013.

After last week's many, many activities, I have spent this week hunkered down with my family. We celebrated Christmas with a delicious, delicious ham. We watched all of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, the extended version, and mom and I went to see "The Hobbit" today. I have played a ton of video games, mostly "Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare."

The snow has been plentiful and pretty. And my new car Tree does pretty well in it, which is lovely to know.

And I have slept. Glorious, long sleep, and naps whenever I like. This is something that I'd like to continue in the coming year. Good, glorious, long sleep.


Comments

Popular Posts