String cheese

String cheese, man. String cheese.


I remember the first time I saw string cheese, sitting on the playground next to my elementary school. My class was eating lunch, and my cousin pulled string cheese out of his bag. I believe he may have shared it with me (he was a very nice boy), but I don’t remember that. What I do remember is watching my cousin as he peeled a big strip of cheese down the side. My mind was blown. Cheese that is meant to be pulled apart and destroyed before you eat it! And it tastes really good!


From then on, I was hooked.


Our local supermarket made its own string cheese, several sticks stuck together in one lump, in a clear plastic bag. We didn’t have a lot of money for extras, but my mama always kept me in string cheese… then the store changed their recipe, and suddenly the string cheese tasted more like cheese curd. I wasn’t into the change. I forgot about string cheese for a while.

Then my sister started having kids, and the kids were all about snacking on string cheese, Owen especially. And so I started snacking on string cheese again, and I occasionally buy it for myself. The bag empties out pretty quickly, because string cheese is very good stuff.


*~*~*~*~*


I just had a toasted cheese and bacon sandwich for dinner. Decadent.

Comments

Popular Posts