tropical as hell

I decided, on a bit of a whim, to go shopping last night. When I go to the mall alone, I plan my stops with military precision - this store, then this store, then this store, and nowhere else. I don't like to meander, or lolligag, and I don't like to spend any more time than I need to in the mall, unless I'm shopping with Ami.

This was my plan - check on the new Lush store to see whether it's open (it's not - downer), go to H&M, Sephora, then maybe Forever 21, then right back out the door. At the last minute, I decided to go to DSW, and I am so happy that I did, for I found these shoes:

Coconuts Solei Wedge Sandals

I cannot even get over these shoes, and I can't WAIT to wear them outside! Of course, it's way too cold out right now... but God, those colors, and they're so comfortable, and they were on sale, and I had a coupon!

And then my scheduled stop at H&M. I was looking for pastels, but all they had was mint green. Then I wanted to buy everything in orange, but nothing was fitting right. I did end up with a very tropical-looking top, which I am wearing right now, and a very light peach sequined tee, which I'll wear tomorrow. I don't know why, but lately I want everything in pastels (except for mint green) or very bright, tropical colors. Lipstick, nails, clothing - the brighter, the better.

Continuing in this theme, I went to Sephora and picked up a lipstick that I've wanted since I heard about it - they collaborated with Pantone and created a makeup collection based on the color of the year, Tangerine Tango. Obviously, I am all about this. And now this very lovely orange lipstick is mine, and I'm wearing it right now:


It's actually not as crazy-bright on as it looks. It's more sheer, more coral. But it's bright enough to make me happy on a rainy, dark day.

And then I went into The Body Shop and dropped $$$ on shower gels and body butters, so I'm good on that for a while. AND I'm good on bright things for a while, and I am happy, happy, happy.

Comments

Popular Posts