gold leggings

I went to my mother's for the weekend, and it was very fun and relaxed. Mom and I planned to teach my Aunt Connie "The Facebook," but Aunt Connie was too busy with the birth of her latest grandchild (HOORAY!), so we spent a lot of time at home instead. I played some video games with my nephews, and I caught up on "The Walking Dead."

There were flurries on and off all weekend, tiny little powdered-sugar flakes that disappeared as soon as they hit the ground. Owen got excited when I told him it was snowing, but there really wasn't a lot to see.

Yesterday we had a birthday celebration for Malachai, whose actual birthday is tomorrow. Eleven years old... I got him some books, and an awesome birthday card that made the kids laugh and laugh (it was a pee joke, quite juvenile). Mom made peanut butter cake, and we had ice cream. And there was a lot of general yelling and running around.

I wore my gold leggings from Halloween specifically to horrify my sister. And she was horrified. When I was driving everyone home, I got out to hug every niece and nephew, and Nicky said, "OH MY GOD, you don't have to get out of the car!" A true fact - no matter how old you are, it is still fun to embarrass your siblings. Plus, the pants are comfortable. And GOLD!

*~*~*~*

Pothead has been gone for two weeks or so, and it has been nice and quiet at home. Shon and I have thrown away a lot of Pothead's rotten food, but I'll take that momentary inconvenience over Pothead blaring videos on his computer, and slamming everything, and being a pig. Floyd has been breaking into Pothead's room to sleep during the day, and he lost his collar and tag somewhere. I'd rather buy Floyd a new collar and tag than touch anything that has been lying around in Pothead's repulsive room. Excluding Floyd, of course.

Although I do want to give Floyd a bath every time he comes out of that nasty, nasty room.

Comments

Popular Posts