SALTS

I just got back from the doctor, and I miss the days of yore. When I was little. When doctors didn't give me homework. Oh, I know, the homework is for my own health, since I have high blood pressure (stage 1), and need to keep an eye on that. Not only have I heard that heart attacks aren't fun, we also have a high occurrence of aneurysms in my family. I want to prevent my brain or heart from exploding - and yes, both have happened in my family. SO if you are hanging with me in a store (say, Target), and I go running toward the free blood pressure test machine, just know that it's for my health. And so my doctor doesn't yell at me.

I am supposed to limit my intake of salts. My first reaction was, "Great, because I don't add salt to anything!" But, of course, salt is already in everything, in scary amounts. I guess I'm going to have to work on reading labels on my food, like some sort of adult or something. Those Lean Cuisines that are so simple and tasty, and which I assumed were healthy? Yeah, they're loaded with salt. Vegetable soup? Loaded with salt. Ugh.

On the other hand, I lost a pound since last month. Yes, that is the month that includes Thanksgiving! I think I'll celebrate by eating a Big Mac (I'm kidding!).

Comments

Popular Posts