Stuff I do

This morning, Buffalo was a foggy wonder while I walked to work. The tops of the buildings were hidden in fog. It was lovely and cool, and I could smell all of the flowering trees (including the lilac down the street from me - my FAVORITE). So far this week, even with the warmth, there has been a lot of rain, and I am liking it. Last year it was too warm, breezeless, sunny every day to the point where I started to hate sunshine. I like a variety. I like stormclouds.

My concert season this year started on Tuesday, April 24th, with Low and Death Cab for Cuties - and an orchestra! Well, a string section, but it was called the Magik*Magik Orchestra. The concerts continue with St. Vincent this Saturday. I'm very excited, because I was supposed to see her in December, but she had to cancel. This is the rescheduled show, and Shearwater is opening for her. I love Shearwater. And I already have an outfit and a makeup scheme (this shit is important!).

And then, next Saturday I AM FRONT ROW AT THE TRAILER PARK BOYS!! With my sister. We had a lot of fun when we saw them a year and a half ago, and I can't wait to see them again. I'll be close enough to smell the rum in Julian's glass.


He always has a beverage.
In June, I hope to see the Sam Roberts Band and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals at Buffalo Place Rocks the Harbor. I saw the Sam Roberts Band last August and love it (so sweaty, so fun). I wanted to see Grace Potter last year at Thursday at the Square... at the Waterfront... or maybe they hadn't moved yet... ANYWAY, I wanted to see her, but it was when work was really busy, and I was going to bed while it was still light out so that I could get up before dawn. Good times.

In July, I hope to see Ingrid Michaelson at the Town Ballroom. I have seen her before, and I feel really bad about it: I accidentally drank a whole bottle of wine before the show with my friend Julia - I mean, we each accidentally drank a bottle of wine. So we were those annoying drunk ladies who talked loudly all the way through Ingrid Michaelson's performance, and we got shushed a few times. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE US. So we won't be doing that again.

Comments

Popular Posts